Christa L. Rusher (724)689-7540 mobile
General music teacher in Liberty County Schools. Trumpet major with an interest in orchestra, general music, and band. Seeking a position as a music teacher where I can continue to grow as an educator in a supportive environment.
· A highly motivated educator who wants all students to be successful learners.
· Committed to creating a classroom atmosphere that is stimulating and encouraging to students.
· Demonstrated ability to individualize instruction, based on students’ needs and interests.
· Adaptable, lifelong learner.
General Music Teacher K-5 July 2009-present
Differentiating standards based instruction for all students grades K-5, working with teams of other teachers to coordinates four grade level musical assembly programs and two graduation ceremonies, teaching an after school chorus program for fourth and fifth grade students who performed two concerts, and relating to administrators, teachers, parents, and students in a professional manner.
Teaching the basics of violin technique and music reading, encouraging private practice, and instilling a love for music performing.
· Attended professional development workshops- GMEA conference 2010 and 2011, Behavior Interventions That Work (January 2010), and Cooperative Teaching with Gifted (January 2011)
· Attended professional development workshops at PMEA State Conference 2007, 2008, 2009
Student taught in
· Employed as camp counselor at LVC Summer Music Camp summers 2007 and 2008
· Rehearsed with Lebanon High School Orchestra during observations, spring 2008
· Conducted and rehearsed a group of 80 middle school students in preparation for a final concert at the MENC Middle School Band Festival, January 2008
· Served as Trumpet Co-Section Leader in Pride of the Valley Marching Band 2007 season, running sectional rehearsals
· Taught general music lessons to second and fifth grade students at Bucher Elementary, fall 2007
· Played violin for a community church orchestra, September 2009-present
· Played violin for the community with Community Music Institute Adult String Ensemble, November 2008-May 2009
· Performed a thirty minute recital on piccolo trumpet and B-flat trumpet, April 20, 2009
· Played trumpet in LVC’s production of Pirates of Penzance, winter 2009
· Played in trumpet ensemble for Dr. Campbell and Mr. Copenhaver (trumpet professors) recital, January 25, 2009
· Performed a thirty minute recital on piccolo trumpet, E-flat trumpet, cornet, and C trumpet, April 10, 2008
trumpet in LVC’s production of
· Played trumpet at local schools during LVC Jazz Band Tour 2008 and 2009
Played trumpet in
· Played trumpet in Lebanon Valley College Orchestra, Jazz Band, and Trumpet Ensemble for four years
Training & Education
BS- Music Education
BA- Music, Instrumental Concentration (Trumpet)
Honors & Awards
· Lebanon Valley College Dean’s List, 8 semesters GPA 3.944/4.0
· Beulah Frock ’21 Memorial Music Award, April 22, 2008
Among Students in
· Phi Alpha Epsilon Honors Society, spring 2009
· Teacher of the Month- November 2009
· Walk the Talk Award- March 2011
Member of MENC and GMEA, served as collegiate chapter Historian 2007-2008 and 2008-2009
International Trumpet Guild member
Server Summers and Christmas breaks 2005- July 2009
· Take customer orders accurately and cheerfully; deal with difficult customers appropriately; provide co-workers with on-site training and support.
References, letters of recommendation, or portfolio will be furnished upon request.